Have a Question? Ask & We'll Answer It With A Video

Prepare Your Triad Home for the Market

Selling your Triad area home? Get a free home value report
Buying a Triad area home? Search all homes for sale

Many clients ask me, "What should I do to get my home ready to sell?" Usually when people ask this question, they want to know how much money they should spend. Before you spend a dime, I'll go over the things you can do on your own.



One thing you can do that is cheap and easy is clean the house. I'm talking a deep spring clean. Get the bleach and rubber gloves out. Get into the corners, the cabinets, and vacuum everything out. Make sure there are no cobwebs and that everything is sparkling.

You should also change the light bulbs so the property shows its brightest potential.

If you can't clean, hire a professional. Have them clean the interior and exterior of the house. You might have mildew on the roof or need to clean some windows. If you have no business being on a ladder, have a professional come in and perform the job correctly. Make sure they have the proper insurance, too, so you're not liable for any injuries that may occur.

Look around your property. Pay attention to the front door, shrubs, and landscaping. Hiring a professional gives you an objective view. They will be honest with you about what needs to be improved to make the best first impression on buyers. 

If you have any questions, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!